TITLE: Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) – Coders
JOB SUMMARY: Serves in a professional capacity as an assistant for Patient Financial Services (PFS) department at Glenwood Medical Associates. Demonstrates good communication and people skills, both with internal and external customers. Maintains professionalism when dealing with interdepartmental issues by placing the customer first. Is a member of a growing company with an emphasis on patient services and teamwork.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with patients on coding questions.
- Assists in training other staff.
- Participates in daily production of coding claims; including work load, production levels and accuracy.
- Participates in all coding work flows and processes.
- Is an expert in ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS.
- Sets up all new CPT and ICD codes using appropriate RVU’s.
- Able to fill in all PFS positions when short-staffed.
- Able to do research to improve different workflows and reimbursements.
- Works on special projects as assigned.
- Helps in creating, managing and updating compliance plan.
- Responsible for managing unresolved encounters, no-shows, unposted appointments and ancillary charges.
- Attends educational classes when necessary to enhance knowledge base.
- Communicates with providers on documentation, charge levels, charge timeliness, and audits.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by manager.
CRITERIA FOR EVALUATION: Evaluated on thoroughness of duties, accuracy, leadership, attitude, dependability, initiative, professional appearance, and use of tact and mature judgment in relationships with co-workers and patients.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports directly to Business Office Manager.
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Previous medical office experience and knowledge of debits and credits preferred. Must have proven leadership skills. Be able to establish priorities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure, and not be subject to burnout or moodiness. Must be a team player. Preferred AAPC certified.