JOB SUMMARY: Glenwood Medical Associates Registration Coordinator is a vital position in our practice. Throughout the day we are responsible for greeting everyone entering our building, patient registration, gathering accurate patient information, answering phones, scheduling appointments, directing patient flow through the practice, working with providers and medical assistants, verifying insurance and collecting payments. Registration Coordinator schedules huddles for assigned clinical teams and is a key player within the clinical team of providers and nursing staff. Our practice has 20+ providers and we generally see several hundred patients a day. Each day brings new and exciting challenges!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Greet and receive patients and visitors in a friendly, welcoming manner, creating a positive first impression.
2. Assist patient with immediate needs and address pertinent questions.
3. Coordinate patient activity in reception area, report problems or irregularities, and communicate delays to patients.
4. Register new patients on computer system.
5. Obtain detailed patient information and copies of insurance card and ID.
6. Update patient demographics at each visit.
7. Inform patients of the patient payment requirements for their visit and collect payments.
8. Schedule patient appointments per protocol both in person and on the phone.
9. Maintain open communication and support customer service needs.
10. Answer phones and direct callers appropriately per protocol
11. Manage cash drawer per protocol.
12. Fully participate in meeting department incentives:
a. Huddle with your provider team at least once weekly per protocol.
b. Enter patient demographic data per Meaningful Use criteria > 95%.
c. Complete the new patient referral data for every new patient.
d. Appointment phone calls answered within 90 seconds at least 90% of the time.
13. Oversee reception area and lobby maintenance.
14. Must be punctual and arrive to work at the assigned time.
15. Must keep patient’s health information confidential at all times and maintain HIPPA compliance.
16. Must be able to handle the responsibility of unlocking and locking the clinic at assigned times to maintain the security and integrity of the facility.
17. Attends and participates in Reception Services meetings.
18. Looks for ways to better serve patients and GMA and offers suggestions.
19. Other duties as assigned.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Work may require sitting, viewing and operating a computer for long periods of time, as well as stooping, bending and stretching for files and supplies. Manual dexterity required to operate telephone and other small office equipment. Vision must be correctable to 20/20 and hearing must be in a normal range for telephone and direct patient contacts. Job requires occasional lifting, up to 30 lbs.
CRITERIA FOR EVALUATION: Evaluated on thoroughness of duties, a pleasant and positive attitude, strong customer service skills, attendance and punctuality, attire and grooming, initiative (self-motivation), relationship with co-workers, especially providers and nursing staff, patients and judgment calls. Must master the training checklist and pass core competencies test.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports directly to Reception Services Supervisor.
1. High school graduate or GED.
2. Keyboard proficiency at 45 wpm.
3. Two years medical office experience preferred.
4. Three years customer service experience.
PERSONALITY AND WORK TRAITS: Position requires an individual with an enthusiastic and congenial personality that can work well with others and also work well alone. Interpersonal skills are essential. Superior communications skills are necessary, both verbal and non-verbal. Organizational and multi-tasking skills are required. Must be accurate and detail oriented and a self-starter. Must be able to work well under pressure and must be a team player with a good sense of humor. Able to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions. Must be able to work some holidays, occasional Saturday mornings and occasionally cover our After Hours Clinic in the evening.
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Previous medical facility experience preferred but not required. Must be able to demonstrate good communication and people skills. Must be able to
work some holidays, weekends, and limited over-time. Must be able to work well under pressure and must be a team player with a good sense of humor.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org